Navigationspfad: Home
medizin-forum.de :: Thema anzeigen - prostatitis - another misleading diagnosis
Deutsches Medizin Forum
Foren-Archiv von www.medizin-forum.de
Achtung: Keine Schreibmöglichkeiten! Zu den aktiven Foren wählen Sie oben im Menü "Foren aus!

SuchenSuchen 

prostatitis - another misleading diagnosis

Neuen Beitrag schreiben   Auf Beitrag antworten    medizin-forum.de Foren-Übersicht -> Prostatitis
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
nordic
noch neu hier

BeitragVerfasst am: 25.01.06, 23:16    Titel: prostatitis - another misleading diagnosis Antworten mit Zitat

I hope you will all accept I write in english - I read German, but I don´t think you would appreciate my written German....

I´ve really been encouraged by reading some of the success stories in this forum on handling pelvic pain by elements like described in the Stanford-protocol. So I gave the book "a headache in the Pelvis" to the local physio therapists, and one of them read the book in two days and accepted to give it a chance....

My history i half a year with increasing pain in the pelvic region - at that time I chose to go to the doctor with the problem - He couldn´t really find a diagnosis (he actually palpated the prostata but didn´t find it hurting. At the same time I had some moderate intermitent pain at the hip in the left side. So I was sent to an urologist for the pelvic/prostate pain that was constant and really disturbing, and to an orthopedic expert for the hip pain.

Well, the orthopedic expert took a couple of x-rays and concluded it was an irritated bursa - and treated with some local steroids.
The Urologist (after two month waiting time) started making uroscopic examination and checking the urinary flow dynamics - no problems. He then made an rectal palpation and I flew through the roof because of pain when he palpated the prostate gland - diagnosis: prostatitis, treatment: antibiotics for four month

Result of the two treatments: none, except some reduction in hip pain.

Then I found this forum and ordered "a headache in the pelvis".....

After two weeks with 4 physio-treatments I'm down to 20% of the time in moderate pain compared to 80% of time in severe pain despite painkillers.

Diagnosis: a flexed unbalanced hip. Treatment: external triggerpoint therapy and other physio therapy.

I still have problems with pain, and I hope to be able to learn the paradoxical relaxation. Time will show if this will be able to help me out of the rest of the problem. It is really obvious now that stress triggers the pain.

After 10 month visiting the doctor several times, two orthopedic experts and an urologist this physio therapist was the first to look at the whole body, not just the focus of a symptom (pain). I don´t say this is the solution for every person with pelvic pain which might be called prostatitis, but "a headache in the pelvis" is definitely an eye-opener.

I will update my long term result at a later time.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
PSA
DMF-Mitglied
DMF-Mitglied

BeitragVerfasst am: 26.01.06, 09:36    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Hi Nordic1

Behandelt dich dein Physiotherapeut auch die interne Beckenbodenmuskulatur, bei mir waren dort 3 ganz wesentliche Punkte vorhanden, dessen Behandlung eine deutliche Linderung brachte!
nordic
noch neu hier

BeitragVerfasst am: 26.01.06, 09:58    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Until now he has only focused on the external points - and the focus has not been on the pain in the pelvis but simply on realigning the hip - besides a great reduction in pelvic pain I have also got a better balance when walking or wrestling with my kids Smilie
If the pain is not gone when the hip is realigned he will move on to the internal and external triggerpoints for the smaller muscles.....
Beiträge vom vorherigen Thema anzeigen:   
Neuen Beitrag schreiben   Auf Beitrag antworten    medizin-forum.de Foren-Übersicht -> Prostatitis Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehen Sie zu:  
Sie können keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Sie können auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Sie können Ihre Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Sie können Ihre Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Sie können an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.